Lake Ontario Championship Series
Congratulations to our 2017 Lake Ontario Champion and Runner Up
Captain Pete Alex
Team VISION QUEST
Captain Tom Allen
Which team will be THE BEST this year? Who can balance skill, knowledge, ego and maybe add in some luck? The Lake Ontario Championship Series is designed to reward the most consistent fishing team on Lake Ontario, including the Canadian waters. The winning team will be considered the best team on the Lake O that year!
GLSE has created an annual competitive event for all Lake Ontario anglers to participate in. LOCS is the premiere championship series event for all of Lake Ontario.
The LOCS puts emphasis on all major events held in Canada and the USA. Our goal is to obtain participation from both Canadian and US fishing teams and create a true Lake wide championship series.
When registering, keep in mind these two important items:
1. You must pick your initial 3 or 4 events at time of registration. You cannot add, change or withdraw once your registration is submitted. No exceptions. Our form will not allow you to choose less that 3 or more than 4. There will be no refunds. The intent is for you to decide what events you will be participating in at time of registration.
2.All teams must be fully registered (except their last chance event), by midnight of the Spring KOTL.
3. If you elect to choose a Second Chance event, you cannot change or withdraw from that chosen event once it is chosen. There will be no refunds. Most teams will undoubtedly hold out on this option until needed.
- Each team pre-chooses (3) or (4) events in which to earn points from. Teams can choose any tournament included in the series circuit. Each team will use their best (3) events from the (4) or (5 including second chance-if chosen) possible tournaments.
Each team is allowed (1) late entry event specifically designed to allow a competitive team the opportunity to swap one event for their "late pick".
The "second chance" option is sure to provide additional excitement in the series.
"Second Chance" Option: You can enter (1) additional tournament "after" you have made your 3 or 4 intial picks. Fee is $150/US and you must make that pick known prior to the start of that chosen event. Only (1) additional event can be chosen after your initial picks. Teams will enter their "second chance" online and must enter the name of the event and pay prior to the start of that tournament. Second Chance picks cannot be changed or refunded once chosen. You only have "one" Second Chance choice.
NOTE: Once you elect to choose the additional event, it MUST be used, even if that event is cancelled, you do not participate or you do poorly. The second chance option will become part of your (3) events, regardless of results. It will be combined with your other best (2) finishes
Advantage: If you do well, it may replace one of your chosen events and boost your chances.
Disadvantage: If you pick an "extra" event, you must use it regardless if you do poorly, or it is cancelled. It can potentially propel you backwards.
Entry Fee: $100 per event
(must choose 3 or 4)
Second Chance Fee: $150
$25 per entry will be kept to maintain website, pay credit card processing fees, championship dinner and awards. Remaining monies will be given to the overall champion and runner up.
Overall Winner: 70%
Runner Up: 30%
- *Payout based on the total entry fees taken-less fees. Overall 1st place award can be more based on sponsor contributions. However, in no case, will the overall winner and runner up be paid less than the 70/30 split.
The winning team will receive dinner at the port of their choice, hosted by GLSE. During dinner, they will receive their check, trophies and misc prizes. (GLSE reserves the right to use the winning team pictures and related press for further promotion of the LOCS)
Download a copy of the rules - Click Here
1. Teams may enter at any time; however they cannot include any tournaments participated in prior to their entry time and date.
Teams MUST choose their chosen 3 or 4 events at the
initial time of entry. Teams cannot add or withdraw once their initial registration is complete.
- 2. Team will be posted on the scoreboard as they enter.
- 3. At time of entry, teams must pick the 3 (minimum required), or 4 (maximum allowed) events in which they will use their points from. Teams cannot add to or withdraw after entry. Teams cannot change their second chance event or withdraw after entry. (No refunds)
- 4. In the event that a tournament is cancelled, or you are unable to participate in an event for any reason, teams cannot choose a make-up event to replace it, unless they opt for the "second chance" option. EX. If you only chose 3 events at time of registration and one of the events is cancelled, you will need to register for the second chance event if you wish to remain competitive.
- 5. Teams must declare a captain and a back up captain at time of entry. Captains are not required to be licensed by the USCG; however a team will be disqualified if neither of the 2 named captains were not present at any of the pre-chosen tournament day(s).
- 6. Boats and team mates can vary.
- 7. There will be 1 overall winner and one runner up winner.
- 8. LOCS will use all posted tournament scores that are determined to be final.
- 9. In the event of a tie, the winner will be the team that entered the least amount of events overall. If that still does not determine the overall winner, then we will honor each as co-champions for that year.
- 10. All teams are required to abide by the tournament rules that they are participating in.
- 11. Any captains or teams that were disqualified from any events (qualifying or non-qualifying tournaments) during the year for reasons including, but not limited to cheating, will be reviewed for possible disqualification from the LOCS. No refunds will be given if disqualified.
- 12. All participants in the LOCS acknowledge, when entering, that they will hold harmless all officers, directors, sponsors and affiliates of the LOCS/GLSE.
- 13. All participants, when entering, agree to allow the GLSE to use any press, video, and/or photographs to promote the LOCS.
- 14. All protests must be made within 72 hours of the conclusion of each event. Protests must be made in writing or via email. Protests will be reviewed by the GLSE and all decisions will be final.
- 15. W-9's and 1099 forms are required by law for US teams.